The Clint Small Middle School Green Tech Program includes innovative course offerings in environmental studies and technology. CSMS is a National “Green Ribbon” school, and the first school in Texas to earn the Eco-Schools USA Green Flag Award from the National Wildlife Federation.
Our unique program allows students to select an academic track that focuses on the environment, technology, or a blend of the two. The Green Tech curriculum includes a wide variety of visionary electives, including many opportunities for outdoor learning, project-based learning, and team collaboration among students.
Check out our 2021-22 course guide to learn more about the various electives offered.
Over the years, students, teachers, and volunteers have transformed more than 4,000 square feet of barren space surrounding our campus into native habitat for ruby-throated hummingbirds, monarch butterflies, songbirds, small mammals and more. They have built a greenhouse, a meditative labyrinth, wildflower gardens, a rain garden, and a reconstructed prairie. They also have productive food gardens, orchards, and habitat corridors.
Highlights of the Green Academy include:
- more than 300 native plant species planted by students
- outdoor classroom spaces and greenhouse
- raising chickens, ducks, goats, and sheep
- composting, recycling
- water harvesting
To learn more about what some of our Green Academy students have been up to, visit the In Small Gardens blog and follow us on Instagram.
Highlights of the Tech Academy include:
- STEM Advanced Learner program leading students to high school math and science courses in the 8th grade
- Project Lead the Way pre-engineering curriculum
- state-of-the-art Career and Technical Education (CTE) wing
- classes in robotics, animation, engineering, app design, and more
- options to earn high school credit with select tech electives